‘Silk Road’ suspect on social media
November 7, 2014
Spent far too much time this morning looking at Mission resident and Silk Road 2.0 suspect Blake Benthall’s social media accounts. According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Benthall was arrested Wednesday and has been charged with drug dealing, computer hacking, money laundering and trafficking in fake identification documents. Authorities say he took over the online drug market last December.
Here are some things I learned:
- Despite allegedly bringing in $400,000 a month via illegal activities, Benthall was grateful for rent control.
- Like many others, he was experiencing apartment woes
- He couldn’t be bothered with commercial flights — even ones that take just an hour. According to its website, Surf Air’s dues start at $1,750 a month.
- He has been to Taqueria Vallarta
- And … he likes jokes, even bad ones.